Saturday, December 12, 2009

Science cookies

Inspired by these beautiful cookies, my friends and I made a bunch of geeky science-themed cookies today!

Here is one of our (far inferior) electrophoresis gel cookies...



And then we got a little carried away with other geeky things too...



Including the animals we work on: Xenopus laevis, Oncorhynchus tshawytscha, and Ovis aries




Sequencing electropherograms: We designed sequences that spelt out our names in one-letter amino acid codes!




And little models of cells that include features such as a nucleus, rough ER and smooth ER, mitochondria, and Golgi.





I don't think I'll need to eat for a month after all these...

5 comments:

  1. I loooove them!

    You totally beat me to the punch with the cell and flasks/test tubes, those are on my to-do list. I'll have to give your blog props when I do make them.

    The warty African clawed frog has to be my favorite. Excellent icing on him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw shucks. Yeah he's my favourite as well, but I'm wondering whether I should have given him forelimbs (especially since my research is on limb development!). Next time, maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roch Mechatronics is Manufacture, Exporter, Supplier of Laboratory and scientific Equipments including Autoclave, Incubators, Environment Growth Chamber, Stability Equipment, Fermenters and various other equipment which are used all over the World in all major laboratories, hospitals and scientific research centers. Go to http://www.rochmechatronics.com . yes, it's possible someone looking for autoclave, equipment, lab, oven, autoclaves information, and they were all end up getting autoclave, equipment, lab, oven, autoclaves info here, cause they know our autoclave, equipment, lab, oven, autoclaves site is the best! :-) . This is site allows you to access specific autoclave, equipment, lab, oven, autoclaves, manufacturer information. Helpful tips, tricks, and suggestion about autoclave, equipment, lab, oven, autoclaves, manufacturer.

    ReplyDelete