Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The Rise of Atheism

This morning I woke up in a rubbish mood, having had possibly the worst sleep EVER.

But a few hours later, I was on top of the world... I bought tickets to the 2010 Global Atheist Convention in Melbourne! With speakers like Richard Dawkins and PZ Myers, it's going to be fantastic, and interesting, and a great opportunity to meet people.

Of course, I will have to stash pennies in my piggybank for months to be able to afford it, but it'll totally be worth it.

Problem: I told my mum I had bought the tickets, and she is threatening to tell my (very pentecostal) Grandma. I'm fairly sure it'll be the end of the world when Grandma finds out that I haven't just 'backslidden', but am a full-on atheist!

Anyway, if any kind atheists living in Melbourne and attending the Convention are feeling generous enough to offer me accommodation for the weekend of 12-14 March 2010, I'll make it worth your while! NZ has some very good wines and I plan to bring a full allowance of duty-free, I make an incredible ginger cake, and am particularly talented at washing the dishes.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tasmin

    Good to hear there will be other Kiwis there. I recently booked my tickets.

    Hope there will be a good turnout from this side of the Tasman.

    ReplyDelete